How do I calibrate my scanner?
To calibrate in AmbirScan, complete the following steps:
- Open AmbirScan.
- Deselect Auto Scan (Note: when deselected, circular arrows will be displayed on the button).
- Click on Settings on the left side menu.
- Insert your calibration sheet.
- Select Calibration.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete calibration.
If calibration does not fix your scan quality, it is recommended you clean the scanner.
How do I clean my sheetfed scanner?
Non-IX series scanners (excluding PS667ix):
- Lightly spray a lens cleaning solution on the cleaning sheet provided. If you do not have a spray, place a few drops of rubbing alcohol on the sheet.
- Open the AmbirScan
- Click on Settings in the left side menu.
- Place the cleaning sheet in the scanner.
- Select Cleaning.
- Click OK to finish
IX Series Scanners
- Gently open the scanner top*. Lightly spray a lens cleaning solution on the lens.
- Wipe the cleaning solution off the lens with the cleaning cloth provided. If you do not have the cleaning cloth that came with your scanner, please use a lint-free cloth.
*Excludes PS667ix. Please follow non-IX series cleaning instructions for PS667ix models.
I lost my calibration sheet. What can I do?
For optimal performance, calibration sheets are strongly recommended and can be purchased here.
If you need to calibrate in the interim, you may use a plain white sheet of 8×11 ½ sheet of paper. For card scanners, fold the sheet lengthwise to fit the scanner. No not cut the paper.
Please note this calibration may not produce optimal image quality.