Calibration and Cleaning
How do I calibrate my scanner?
- Click the Start button or Windows icon on the lower left side of the computer screen.
- Open the folder corresponding to the scanner name listed on the front of your scanner (ex: Ambir ImageScan Pro 820ix).
- Click Calibration Wizard in the folder
Follow the on-screen prompts
How do I clean my scanner?
For best results, lightly spray the scanner cleaning solution onto the cleaning cloth and gently wipe the inside of the scanner, including the rollers. If you do not have cleaning solution available, you may also use rubbing alcohol. Do not use water to clean your scanner.
How do I change my feed pad and/or roller?
Please refer to the User Guide (page 9) for detailed instructions on replacing these items.
The display on my scanner shows 0.
If your scanner is displaying zero, there are several reasons: the scanner is in standby mode, the driver is not installed, or the Ambir ADF software is not running.
Take Scanner Out of Standby Mode:
Push any of the buttons on the front of the scanner.
Verify the ADF software is running:
- Look for the orange Ambir ADF symbol in the system tray (bottom right corner of the PC, next to the time)
- If the ADF symbol is gray with a red x , the software is not running.
- Double click on the Ambir ADF software shortcut on your desktop to start the software
Verify the driver is installed:
Windows 8.1 or 10:
- Right click on the lower left-hand corner of your pc screen on the Windows button.
- Select Device Manager.
- Open Imaging Devices.
- Click the Start button on the lower left side of your computer screen
- Right click Computer (menu on the right)
- Click on Properties
- Select Device Manager
Your scanner should be listed under Imaging Devices. If you do not see your scanner listed, or your scanner is showing up under ‘Other Devices’, you need to install the driver.
How do I change the scan settings?
To change a scanning profile for your scanner:
- Double-click on the Ambir ADF icon on your desktop
- Select the button number in the left column you want to configure
- Select the desired function from the Button drop down in the menu
- Click Apply
- Click OK