My card won’t scan/stopped feeding. What do I do?
If your scanner is not scanning cards, AmbirScan for athenahealth may not be running. You should see the AmbirScan for athenahealth icon in your system tray (located next to the time on your computer). The software runs in kiosk mode, meaning it runs as a background process. When running, you will see the icon in the system tray.
If the icon is not in the system tray:
- Double click on the AmbirScan for athenahealth icon on your desktop to launch.
- The software will briefly display on your screen, then minimize into kiosk mode in the system tray.
AmbirScan for athenahealth is running, but it’s not responding. What do I do?
If AmbirScan for athenahealth is frozen and/or not responding, restarting your computer will correct the problem.
If you do not wish to restart, you can end the program through your Task Manager by completing the following steps:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and select Task Manager
- On the Processes tab, select AmbirScan, right click and End Task
- Double click the AmbirScan for athenahealth icon on your desktop
I’m getting an error when I click Image Preview.
When clicking Image preview, you may see this error: The card image specified in Settings, C:\Card-AB.jpg, could not be opened. C:\Card-AB.jpg could not be found.
This error means the image scanned is not saving to the correct file path location. This change may be due to account changes made by athena.
To correct, complete the following steps:
- Right-click on the AmbirScan for athenahealth icon in your system tray. Click Show.
- Click the QuickSettings tab.
- Select the Athena Card quickscan. Click the Output tab (middle option).
- Click the ‘Change Save Path’ button.
- Select the C drive of your computer (C:).
- Click Save Changes.
- Click QuickScan, then Kiosk to minimize the software back into the system tray.
Notes: You may need to change the location to the C:/Card folder. Please review the message preview in athena to determine the correct location.
You may also need to change the prefix name of your card scans, depending on how your account is set up with athenahealth. If the prefix must be Card, change the prefix to Card in the Image Name Prefix box.
My Show Preview button in athenahealth is missing. What do I do?
If you see this message, you need to install or update your Athena Device Manager. Click on the gear icon in Athena and select Device Management. If you need to update your device manager, click on the hyperlink to install.